Sunday, July 8, 2012

Online Presence: The Great 2012 Purge

To go along with an earlier post about Online Simplifying, I've been off and on searching for sites I've joined and how each is benefitting my life, my past, and my future. The largest "purge" to date included my Groupon, Shutterfly, Ancestry.com, and Twitter accounts (along with other smaller sites!). Though I see the benefit by having these accounts, they aren't useful if you don't use them. I found myself spending more money, instead of saving with Groupon... I was buying gift certificates to places I would have never spent money in the first place. And with Twitter... I think the concept of sharing knowledge minute-by-minute is great, however I would rather continue my daily routines without the world knowing about it.

Have any of you tried to look at your overall online presence? It can be a bit overwhelming when you finally take a step back and realize how many sites have eaten up your time. I hope you can find some encouragement in this post to at least look into it! And talk about personal safety... all of your information floating around, whew. Be on the lookout for one additional Italian recipe this week and new picture from Venice!

Ciao, ciao.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...