Sunday, May 27, 2012

DC Herban Garden

Just planted a few herbs to start off my Herban Garden Project. The inspiration behind the garden stems from the fact that we were spending unnecessary money buying the individual packets of herbs from the corner store. And of course I really miss my patio garden from Charleston. The initial four pots will hopefully yield basil, cilantro, chives (and one spring onion from the market), and cat grass for Sebastian.



After planting I ran into a little problem, telling the pots apart. I searched the house for something, anything, to use so I wouldn't have to spend anything extra. Behold the Cork-on-Toothpicks naming system... they will absorb any water and will eventually look nice with a rich herb-ish background. Make sure to use permanent marker if you try this mini-project yourselves!



Bon appétit.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this idea! I might do that right now. Thanks.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...