Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's not change, it's evolution.


As I was walking in downtown Charleston this afternoon, I ran into friends who had just indulged in the delightful offerings of Black Bean Co. After the raving reviews they gave, a friend and I decided it would be our lunch spot for the day. The menu was right up our alley; fresh, organic foods with vegetarian and vegan options galore. With 80% of Black Bean Co.'s produce coming from Thackeray Farms, a local farm on Wadmalaw Island, SC, it's hard to beat.

I ordered the Green Beach Burrito with black beans & jasmine rice, tofu ricotta, mixed greens, mango salsa (you can't go wrong with mango salsa!) guac and roasted tomatoes. To drink I ordered water, but to my surprise, the water was infused with limes, cucumbers and oranges. Absolutely delightful and refreshing. The first bite brought on more "mmm's" than words. This restaurant was a real find and highly suggested. And to note... open 7 days a week from 8am-10pm with free delivery. If you are a fellow Charlestonian, you realize what a gem this is!

Visit their site here.
Bon appétit!

1 comments:

Colleen said...

I absolutely love Black Bean Co. Drew and I have been ordering from there about once every other week since they opened. They deliver to my house, so that helps :).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...