Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thrifty Treasure: My Home

To change things up a bit, I thought it would be a great idea to show you a few of the thrifty treasures I have found and placed in my own home, after a bit of elbow grease, paint or Windex, to name a few. I've also included some handmade art that can easily be recreated, so I hope you'll enjoy!

Absolutely adore anything tin!

Bought with a lamp below; needed cleaning, but it's the perfect desk lamp.

Wooden poster from a local consignment shop; only simple wipe down needed!

Cleaned/re-painted the inside and removed any snags. Lid sags, but it's great storage.

Lamp base needed cleaning. Wheel-thrown vase handmade and glazed by yours truly.

Wheel-thrown vase handmade by yours truly, great for a desk pencil holder!

I always purchase art on my vacations; 2 of 3 prints from Puerto Rico.

Burlap covered canvas with a grid of metal tacks and string strung geometrically.

As always, all artwork/photography posted on The Humblebee Hive blog are property and under copyright of Ashley Stuart. I am honored when my artwork is used for inspiration, so shoot me an email or comment below sharing the inspiration you've gathered from this blog. Please contact for more information on purchase and/or public use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...